Keeping Touch Screen Monitors Clean and Sanitized
With the heightened focus on sanitizing hard surfaces that your employees or possible guests interact with, many customers have asked us our recommended practices to clean and disinfect CallConnect touch screen call button monitors. But, these guidelines may also apply to other electronic display surfaces such as Point of Sale terminals or walk up customer ticket kiosks. To be safe, we suggest you check with your PoS suppliers on their recommended cleaning and sanitizing suggestions.
Cleaning your CallConnect Call Button Monitor
- Do not get liquids inside the unit. Do not spray directly on the monitor screen. Instead, use wet wipes, a sprayed cloth or a dampened cloth with the excess moisture squeezed off.
- Select only non-abrasive cleaning wipes or cloths to avoid scratching touchscreens.
- Avoid highly concentrated alcohol (> 70%), non-diluted bleach or ammonia solutions, as these may cause discoloration.
- Wipe the surfaces with the appropriate wipes or cloths and approved cleaning products, and allow them to dry.
Disinfecting your CallConnect Call Button Monitor
- Dampen a new clean, non-abrasive cloth with a disinfectant chosen from the list below. Ensure excess liquid is squeezed from the cloth. You may also use recommended pre-dampened wipes.
- Read the manufacturer’s instructions carefully. Many manufacturers require the surface to remain wet for a few minutes, so continuous wiping might be required.
- Disinfect the surfaces by wiping them with the cloth or wipe, and allow the surface to dry.
- For disinfectant solutions that are safe for CallConnect Call Button Monitors, see below.
US CDC-recommended disinfectant solutions safe for CallConnect Call Button Monitors
- Household bleach solution (1/3 cup of bleach per gal. of water)
- Isopropyl alcohol (≤ 70% alcohol)
More information from the CDC on disinfecting procedures for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) can be found here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/home/cleaning-disinfection.html
US EPA-recommended disinfectants safe for CallConnect monitors:
- Clorox Disinfecting Wipes
- Clorox Healthcare Bleach Germicidal Wipes
- Clorox Commercial Solutions Hydrogen Peroxide Cleaner Disinfectant Wipes
- Lonza Disinfectant Wipes
- Lysol Brand Clean & Fresh Multi Surface Cleaner (20% cleaner solution to water ratio)
- Purell Professional Surface Disinfectant Wipes
- Sani-Cloth Prime Germicidal Disposable Wipes
More information from the EPA on recommended disinfectants for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) can be found here: https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-registration/list-n-disinfectants-use-against-sars-cov-2
Do NOT use the following materials when cleaning/disinfecting your CallConnect Call Button Monitor
- Isopropyl Alcohol at concentration > 70%
- Methyl Alcohol or Ethyl Alcohol at concentration > 35%
- Thinner or benzine
- Strong alkali lyes
- Strong solvents
- Detergents with fluoride
- Detergents with ammonia at concentration >6%
- Abrasive cleaners
- Detergents with abrasives
- Formula 409
- Steel wool
- Sponges with abrasives
- Steel blades
- Cloth with steel threads
Cleaning DO’s and DONT’s
Be mindful that the CallConnect call button monitors are touch screen. So as you clean the surface, you may inadvertently change the view. Don’t worry, the monitors are designed to automatically go back to the “home” screen after a certain time period. If you have any questions on cleaning this or other Venue Valet products, please contact us through one of support methods below:
Phone: (512) 522-8162